What are you going to do? You wrote down your goals for the year, you pumped yourself up mentally, you’re excited, you’re happy and you’re ready to go. Now what? I tell you exactly what you’re going to do. You’re going to do the same thing you did last year. Nothing. Nothing at all. Admit it. It’s the truth. You’re not going to the gym, you’re not changing your lifestyle, you’re not quitting smoking or any other bad habits you have. The truth hurts don’t it? Hey, I am just being honest here.
The reason why you will not change your behavior is because of comfort. You’re comfortable where you’re at right now and it is that comfort that will stop you from changing your behavior. Until you become sick and tired of being comfortable is when you will change your behavior. Your life will only change will you change. You’re either going to remain comfortable and stay where you’re at, or you’re going to do somethimg different that causes you to be uncomfortable, but it will change your life and put you in a better situation. What are you going to do?
As I look on social media, I currently see all the 2018 New Year Goals that people are making for themselves. I see a lot of gym post and how people want to improve their health and get in shape. I think it’s great. One goal I believe that should be on your list especially if you’re in a relationship or married is to be a better husband, wife, partner and teammate. You should want to improve yourself to be better within your relationship. I barely see any post on social media of how someone want to be a better husband, wife, partner, friend and teammate. How many people actually do a self-evaluation on themselves at the beginning of the New Year when it comes to their close relationship?
Some people fail to do a self-evaluation when it comes to a relationship, because some people think they do not have a problem and it’s always the other person. You can always improve yourself in your relationship. As you make your New Year Resolutions and you make a list of all the things you want and desire in 2018 do not neglect your relationship. Improve yourself in your relationship and make it a goal to strive to be a better husband, wife, partner teammate and friend.
A brand new year is a week away and it’s important to stay focused in order to accomplish set goals. The mind is very powerful and when focused it can help a person hit any set target. Below are five action steps that must be taken to stay focused.
1) Eliminate distractions. Get rid of anything that distracts you from reaching your goals. For example, distractions can include social media, television, or a relationship (Relationships can be good or bad). In order to stay focused, spend less time on certain activities or even cut some people off that hinder you from reaching your goal.
2) Go after what you want. Thinking about what you want, where you want to be, and how you see yourself next year is very important. This thought process stimulates the mind to think of ways to go after that vision. Then, writing down how you will get there helps create a plan to execute the vision.
3) Get in the game. There is no such thing as winning from the sideline. Mentally, a person must get in the game of life and play to win. Stop procrastinating, energize your body, mind, and go out there and play.
4) Make changes in 2018. Be honest with yourself. Sometimes, changes and adjustments need to be made, in order to enhance performance.
5) Compete with Yourself. In every area of life become a better version of yourself. Challenge yourself to take it up a notch. Make a decision to do more, learn more, and grow more, in all areas of your life. If you’re in a relationship, be a better husband, wife, partner, parent, and friend.
I hope you have a great 2018!