Some people are starting off this year with several problems, set backs, challenges and health issues. Everyone is not winning. The reality is that we all have problems and concerns that need to be dealt with. Giving up, quitting or throwing in the towel should never be an option.
Suffering a set back in life does not give anyone an excuse to mentally stay there. Never relive the moment of a setback. Let the disappointment go and keep moving. Being stuck in the same place mentally, will cause challenges in getting ahead.
Below is a list of five steps, that will promote forward movement in life:
1) Go harder! Always remain consistent, in striving for your goals, no matter how many setbacks you encounter. This will help in your personal development.
2) Watch unforeseen obstacles! Obstacles always seem to come when least expected or when you’re trying to better yourself in life or execute your goals.
3) Stay Focused! Focusing on strategic goals will result in accomplishing goals early. Never let a bad situation take away the main focus of setting your goal.
4) Reevaluate the game plan! “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps”, says Zig Ziglar. This quote reinforces why new and improved actions need to be set when previous goals are not met.
5) Keep going! Figure out a way to accomplish and get what you want. This will help overcome any obstacle or challenges present.
You will be surprised how many people look all around them when they need help. Some people will search everywhere to get the help they need. Don’t get me wrong, it is nothing the matter with reaching out for help in order to find your way. If you need help in any area of your life you should go get it. Mentors and counseling is very important. However, looking within yourself is just as important too. The solutions to your problems are inside of you.
What can you do and what do you have on the inside of you that can help you with your problems? Your gifts, ideas, and the natural talent that you were born with can be your solution. I remember, I was watching a movie and this guy was trying to find the cure to this zombie problem. It turned out he was the cure. The antidote inside of him changed the circumstances around him. This cure eliminated the zombies from multiplying. Likewise, you have to realize you have the antidote inside of you to change your situation.
The other day I took my wife out on a date and we went to a restaurant. The restaurant was nice. The food, service, the conversation we had and the overall restaurant experience was great. Love was in the air and we had a very good time. We actually had fun talking and laughing. As I looked around the restaurant I noticed people at the other tables. Some people were talking and some people were not focused on each other at all. I seen people sitting at the table with someone but most of their attention was on their cell phone.
I think it is bad etiquette and it is not a good look when your out with someone and your on your cell phone. It is hard to get to know someone better and connect with them when your cell phone is in control of you. Some people just can’t seem to turn their cell phone off or even put it away when their with someone. If you really want to get to know someone better you should talk to them and give them your undivided attention. Here are five reasons why you should put away your cell phone when your on a date.
- Attention. The person you are with should be the only thing that is getting and keeping your attention. That person should also feel that they have your undivided attention only.
- Conservation. You might miss out on a great conversation and an opportunity to get to know someone better.
- Body Language. Another form of communication is body language. The body language and vibe can tell you a lot about someone. You can pick up on certain things that are not spoken at all through body language. For example, facial expressions, as well as the energy in the room.
- Distractions. If you want to have a strong relationship get rid of the things that can distract you and hinder your relationship. A cell phone can be a distraction.
- Too much time on your cell phone when your with your spouse can actually hurt your relationship. The message your sending to your spouse when your on your cell while your out on a date, is that your cell phone is more important than them. This is not a message you want to send.