Some people are starting off this year with several problems, set backs, challenges and health issues. Everyone is not winning. The reality is that we all have problems and concerns that need to be dealt with. Giving up, quitting or throwing in the towel should never be an option.
Suffering a set back in life does not give anyone an excuse to mentally stay there. Never relive the moment of a setback. Let the disappointment go and keep moving. Being stuck in the same place mentally, will cause challenges in getting ahead.
Below is a list of five steps, that will promote forward movement in life:
1) Go harder! Always remain consistent, in striving for your goals, no matter how many setbacks you encounter. This will help in your personal development.
2) Watch unforeseen obstacles! Obstacles always seem to come when least expected or when you’re trying to better yourself in life or execute your goals.
3) Stay Focused! Focusing on strategic goals will result in accomplishing goals early. Never let a bad situation take away the main focus of setting your goal.
4) Reevaluate the game plan! “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps”, says Zig Ziglar. This quote reinforces why new and improved actions need to be set when previous goals are not met.
5) Keep going! Figure out a way to accomplish and get what you want. This will help overcome any obstacle or challenges present.
As I scroll down my news feed and timeline on social media, I see a lot of workout and exercise videos. The videos are important because they motivate people to get in shape and improve their health. The one hashtag that I constantly see is the no days off hashtag. I understand being in the gym is important and if you want to see results you have to be consistent. I agree with the mindset of the beast mentality in the gym, but you will kill yourself, if you do not take a day off and recharge your battery.
You have to take one or two days off, in order to rest mentally and physically. Shut your body down, by getting rest. This will allow you to recuperate and reach your fitness goals. Some people do not reach their fitness goals because they do not take the time off to relax. Achieving your goals and getting the proper rest at the same time is essential in maintaining your health. Don’t kill yourself!
Below are five examples on how to recharge your battery:
- Altar your thinking. Stop thinking about work and the gym. Think about was you can relax.
- Set time aside. Every week, have a day set aside that is specifically for relaxing. This should be a day where you do absolutely nothing.
- Book a massage. The same way you take care of your car, should be the same way, you take care of your body.
- Sleep well. Go to bed at a decent time and enjoy being unconscious.
- Look in the mirror. Picture yourself, in the picture, I posted and make it a reality.
You will be surprised how many people look all around them when they need help. Some people will search everywhere to get the help they need. Don’t get me wrong, it is nothing the matter with reaching out for help in order to find your way. If you need help in any area of your life you should go get it. Mentors and counseling is very important. However, looking within yourself is just as important too. The solutions to your problems are inside of you.
What can you do and what do you have on the inside of you that can help you with your problems? Your gifts, ideas, and the natural talent that you were born with can be your solution. I remember, I was watching a movie and this guy was trying to find the cure to this zombie problem. It turned out he was the cure. The antidote inside of him changed the circumstances around him. This cure eliminated the zombies from multiplying. Likewise, you have to realize you have the antidote inside of you to change your situation.
The other day I took my wife out on a date and we went to a restaurant. The restaurant was nice. The food, service, the conversation we had and the overall restaurant experience was great. Love was in the air and we had a very good time. We actually had fun talking and laughing. As I looked around the restaurant I noticed people at the other tables. Some people were talking and some people were not focused on each other at all. I seen people sitting at the table with someone but most of their attention was on their cell phone.
I think it is bad etiquette and it is not a good look when your out with someone and your on your cell phone. It is hard to get to know someone better and connect with them when your cell phone is in control of you. Some people just can’t seem to turn their cell phone off or even put it away when their with someone. If you really want to get to know someone better you should talk to them and give them your undivided attention. Here are five reasons why you should put away your cell phone when your on a date.
- Attention. The person you are with should be the only thing that is getting and keeping your attention. That person should also feel that they have your undivided attention only.
- Conservation. You might miss out on a great conversation and an opportunity to get to know someone better.
- Body Language. Another form of communication is body language. The body language and vibe can tell you a lot about someone. You can pick up on certain things that are not spoken at all through body language. For example, facial expressions, as well as the energy in the room.
- Distractions. If you want to have a strong relationship get rid of the things that can distract you and hinder your relationship. A cell phone can be a distraction.
- Too much time on your cell phone when your with your spouse can actually hurt your relationship. The message your sending to your spouse when your on your cell while your out on a date, is that your cell phone is more important than them. This is not a message you want to send.
I love comic books and superheros. I love reading the different stories of how they received their powers. I also enjoy watching the new movies and learning how the characters changed when they realized the new strength and powers they possessed.
One of my favorite characters is the Incredible Hulk. I like him because the angrier he gets the stronger he gets. When the Incredible Hulk becomes outraged, he destroys every thing in his path. This is great because it helps him defeat his enemies and save the day.
When some people think of anger they automatically thing of something bad. Being angry is not always a bad thing, however it can be good. For example, you can become angry about homelessness, poverty or any cause that you feel strongly about and desire to see a change.
You can become angry with yourself! This happens when you fail to follow through on goals that you have set. It is this the type of anger that makes a person upset with their circumstances or situations. They look at themselves and when they don’t see a change it makes the angry, where they want to take action to reach their goals.
You should get angry when you don’t see change. When you are not writing, trying to lose weight, skipping the gym, or any goal that you have set and are not pursuing. It should make you angry when you see that you are stuck in the same place you were the previous year.
It is time for us to improve ourselves and become better people. We need to turn into the Incredible Hulk, where we are so angry, that we destroy the things in our path that are stopping us. And we need to go after our goals in an unstoppable manner!
As I look on social media, I currently see all the 2018 New Year Goals that people are making for themselves. I see a lot of gym post and how people want to improve their health and get in shape. I think it’s great. One goal I believe that should be on your list especially if you’re in a relationship or married is to be a better husband, wife, partner and teammate. You should want to improve yourself to be better within your relationship. I barely see any post on social media of how someone want to be a better husband, wife, partner, friend and teammate. How many people actually do a self-evaluation on themselves at the beginning of the New Year when it comes to their close relationship?
Some people fail to do a self-evaluation when it comes to a relationship, because some people think they do not have a problem and it’s always the other person. You can always improve yourself in your relationship. As you make your New Year Resolutions and you make a list of all the things you want and desire in 2018 do not neglect your relationship. Improve yourself in your relationship and make it a goal to strive to be a better husband, wife, partner teammate and friend.