Random acts of kindness is being nice to someone just to put a smile on their face and to make their day better. Has the thought of other people crossed your mind? Being considerate and thinking about other people feelings and not just yourself is a good quality to have.
I think it is great when I go into this Wawa around the corner from me and everyone hold the door for the other person right behind them. There is also a homeless man sitting on the ground eating a breakfast sandwich and he has a cup of coffee because someone brought him one. This is what kindness is all about. Kindness is simply helping other people. This world, your community and neighborhood needs more people that care, not just with their words but by their actions.
- Are you like the people in the above picture who are walking pass a person who need help? If you are, then you need to check your heart. No excuses.
- Think of other people and find out how they’re really doing so you can truly help them. For example, pick up the phone and call someone and find out how life is treating them.
- Help somebody. You can help people in different ways. For example, your money, your time, a kind word, pay for the car behind you at a toll booth or drive thru. If you have it, leave an extra big tip at a restaurant.
- Have a giver mindset. You have takers and you have givers. Some people just love to be on the receiving end and never give anything in return. Karma is not always about bad things coming back to you. But when you do kind deeds, good things will come back to you even when you’re not expecting it.
Have you ever went to a place of business and the customer service was bad? How does it make you feel when your needs are not met, your food is not prepared right or the overall customer service experience was just terrible? Most people when they receive bad service, will not return to that place of business ever again. They will also tell other people about their bad experience. Poor customer service is when a business fails to take care of their customers and they take customers for granted.
I do understand within a business it is impossible to make all customers happy, however even though you may not have helped the customer, you still can point them in the right direction. Your intention can be good and the direction you lead the customer will lead them to the help they need.
If you’re a business owner, entrepreneur, sales associate, and the way that you make your money is depended upon other people spending their money, then customer service should be extremely important to you. Without customers spending their money a business will end up on life support and eventually the business will die.
If a business can’t live without customers, then taking care of your customers should be the number one priority. The service that you give to your customers, is it one star service or five star service? There is a big difference between a one star hotel versus a five star hotel. Which hotel would you rather spend the night? If you desire to take your customer service up a notch, then consider the following point:
- Take Care Of Your Customers. Ask them how they are doing today?
- Exceed the expectations of you customers. Exceeding your customers expectation is when your prepared ahead of time for the things they may need.
- Treat your customers like the most important person in the world. When you value someone you really treat them special. For example, if you see any person you love, respect or admire, then you will treat them differently.
- Appreciate your customers. Appreciate the customers spending money with you. The customers money should never be taken for granted. Customers can feel when they are appreciated.
Some people reach a certain level in life and become a little too relaxed and too satisfied. They feel they have accomplished all that there is to accomplish and there is no need to strive for anything more. Their hunger to accomplish more out of life no longer exist and they end up reaching a plateau by remaining comfortable. For example, a boxer who finally wins the heavyweight title, might not be as hungry as he was before winning because now he is a champion. The boxer becomes too relaxed as the new champion and he doesn’t realize he has to stay hungry to keep the title.
A plateau is defined as a state or level of little to no growth or decline. A plateau can happen in your career, relationship, and personal development. If you’re not careful, laziness can occur. Some people can get comfortable by remaining comfortable and end up staying in the same place in life. If you don’t want to hit a plateau and your tired of getting too comfortable, then consider the three points below.
1) Never Lose Your Hunger For Wanting More In Life. Always ask yourself, What vision do I have for my future? What else can be accomplished? Do I have the hunger for more?
2) Continue to Set Goals. After you reach a goal, set new goals by writing them down and making it happen. Having an action plan is essential in meeting each goal.
3) Be honest with yourself? Are you really comfortable, satisfied, and happy at this present moment in life? If you’re not, then it’s time to do something about it. Make sure accomplishing a goal every day is put into action. This will ensure progress and success is the result of each goal achieved.
In order to put the word win on your to do list requires a person to strategically perform a set of habits on a daily basis. A habit is a behavior pattern that is done automatically and if the habit is done often it will lead to certain results. Here is a list of four principles to consider doing each day to turn into a habit.
- Exercise. Exercising can be minimal and it gets the blood flowing to the brain to get mentally focused. Being active is the key. For example, some people exercise for as little as 10 or 15 minutes with push ups, sit ups and jumping jacks.
- Create A Game Plan For Your Day. Some people wake up in the morning with no agenda or a target to hit. It’s okay to have goals to meet at the job, but never neglect personal goals. Create a game plan for your goals everyday.
- Do Not Waste Your Time. Having a productive day has a lot to do with managing your time correctly. Wasting time will not lead to any satisfying results.
- Less Talk, More Action. Mentally get into the mindset of being a creator. Become the person who talk less and has more action.
Some people just can’t seem to put down their cell phone and always have to be online. When waking up in the morning, grabbing your cell phone, to go on social media should not be the first task of the day. This type of habit can become addicting and can lead to poor time management.
The feeling of logging on, recording every moment, engaging in entertainment, having stimulating discussions, sharing your opinions, can be the ultimate high. Not to mention, the high of seeking attention when you receive a certain amount of “Likes”. To be honest social media can become apart of your identity and you can start to be a slave to it.
The definition of addiction is “the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming” (addiction. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged. Retrieved March 18, 2018 from Dictionary.com website http://www.dictionary.com/browse/addiction). “Addiction is also characterized by the inability to consistently abstain, impairment in behavioral control, craving, diminished recognition of significant problems with one’s behaviors and interpersonal relationships, and a dysfunctional emotional response” (American Society Of Addiction Medicine, 2011). Social media addiction is similar to drug addiction. Both addictions can be detrimental to the person engaging in that particular behavior. What would a person do without social media? Just the thought of not being able to have access to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snap Chat or YouTube can make some people feel uneasy. The thought of not having social media can make some people upset. If a person is spending all of their time throughout the day on social media, then they might already be addicted to social media.
I understand social media can be used as a platform to market or promote a business but do not neglect or forget about important tasks that require undivided attention off social media. The neglectfulness of important tasks can lead to a business having a poor reputation. Below are some pointers on how a person can balance their time when it comes to social media:
- Monitor Time Spent On Social Media – How much time do you spend on social media and on your cell phone? One way to break free from social media and your cell phone is to back away from it throughout the day. A person might be addicted to social media, if they can’t stay away from it. Log off for a couple hours and focus on your goals, family, and living life.
- Take A Break From Social Media – Once in a while, it is a great idea to take a break from social media altogether. For example, try staying off social media all week. Monday through Friday don’t be bothered with social media. Imagine all of the tasks and goals that could be accomplished in a day, if a person was not distracted by social media.
- Live In The Moment – Instead of being so quick to post the moment, live in the moment and enjoy the moment. For example, when I go out to restaurants, I look around and sometimes notice two people sitting together and they are both on their cell phones. They are together physically but mentally they are somewhere else. It is impossible to get to know someone better when you’re not focused on them and you’re not in the present moment.
- Balance Is The Key – There is nothing wrong with going on social media. Just make sure you are not spending all of your time there. Time is valuable! Make sure your time does not become enslaved by social media addiction but by management and productivity.
Some people are starting off this year with several problems, set backs, challenges and health issues. Everyone is not winning. The reality is that we all have problems and concerns that need to be dealt with. Giving up, quitting or throwing in the towel should never be an option.
Suffering a set back in life does not give anyone an excuse to mentally stay there. Never relive the moment of a setback. Let the disappointment go and keep moving. Being stuck in the same place mentally, will cause challenges in getting ahead.
Below is a list of five steps, that will promote forward movement in life:
1) Go harder! Always remain consistent, in striving for your goals, no matter how many setbacks you encounter. This will help in your personal development.
2) Watch unforeseen obstacles! Obstacles always seem to come when least expected or when you’re trying to better yourself in life or execute your goals.
3) Stay Focused! Focusing on strategic goals will result in accomplishing goals early. Never let a bad situation take away the main focus of setting your goal.
4) Reevaluate the game plan! “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps”, says Zig Ziglar. This quote reinforces why new and improved actions need to be set when previous goals are not met.
5) Keep going! Figure out a way to accomplish and get what you want. This will help overcome any obstacle or challenges present.