My thirteen year old daughter and I went to the laundromat to wash clothes the other day. After the clothes were finish washing, we placed the clothes in the dryer and decided to head to Barnes & Noble to look at books. When we arrived to the bookstore, my daughter said, she wanted to buy a daily planner to write down her goals and prepare for the new year. I reflected on her thought process and agreed thinking about the up and coming new year is a good mindset to have.
Right now is the time to stop what you’re doing and consider the year 2019. The year 2018 is almost over and it doesn’t seem too long ago when the year started. Thinking ahead, in order to be successful in 2019, the following steps must be considered:
- Stop Making Excuses – For a current situation to change, you must stop allowing barriers to get in the way of that change. Remain committed to making the change and press through any challenges that may exist.
- Think About What You Want? – Thinking about the new year and writing what you want to take place, will set a clear vision for the goals of 2019.
- Create an Action Plan – Action will always speak louder than your words. Try to have the mindset, Less Talk! More Action! This will stir up results and lead to accomplishing set goals.
Some people reach a certain level in life and become a little too relaxed and too satisfied. They feel they have accomplished all that there is to accomplish and there is no need to strive for anything more. Their hunger to accomplish more out of life no longer exist and they end up reaching a plateau by remaining comfortable. For example, a boxer who finally wins the heavyweight title, might not be as hungry as he was before winning because now he is a champion. The boxer becomes too relaxed as the new champion and he doesn’t realize he has to stay hungry to keep the title.
A plateau is defined as a state or level of little to no growth or decline. A plateau can happen in your career, relationship, and personal development. If you’re not careful, laziness can occur. Some people can get comfortable by remaining comfortable and end up staying in the same place in life. If you don’t want to hit a plateau and your tired of getting too comfortable, then consider the three points below.
1) Never Lose Your Hunger For Wanting More In Life. Always ask yourself, What vision do I have for my future? What else can be accomplished? Do I have the hunger for more?
2) Continue to Set Goals. After you reach a goal, set new goals by writing them down and making it happen. Having an action plan is essential in meeting each goal.
3) Be honest with yourself? Are you really comfortable, satisfied, and happy at this present moment in life? If you’re not, then it’s time to do something about it. Make sure accomplishing a goal every day is put into action. This will ensure progress and success is the result of each goal achieved.
In order to put the word win on your to do list requires a person to strategically perform a set of habits on a daily basis. A habit is a behavior pattern that is done automatically and if the habit is done often it will lead to certain results. Here is a list of four principles to consider doing each day to turn into a habit.
- Exercise. Exercising can be minimal and it gets the blood flowing to the brain to get mentally focused. Being active is the key. For example, some people exercise for as little as 10 or 15 minutes with push ups, sit ups and jumping jacks.
- Create A Game Plan For Your Day. Some people wake up in the morning with no agenda or a target to hit. It’s okay to have goals to meet at the job, but never neglect personal goals. Create a game plan for your goals everyday.
- Do Not Waste Your Time. Having a productive day has a lot to do with managing your time correctly. Wasting time will not lead to any satisfying results.
- Less Talk, More Action. Mentally get into the mindset of being a creator. Become the person who talk less and has more action.
If a person feels stuck doing the same task everyday in their life, then the best step to take is to change the routine behavior. In order for a person to change their routine behavior, their mindset must change. Different tasks and goals need to be thought of daily. For example, in the illustration above the bicyclist are going in a circle versus going a different route. This type of movement can become boring and frustrating when a person wants more out of life. Therefore, pursuing different tasks and goals will motivate a person to accomplish something new. There are several ways to eliminate routine behavior.
- Have a Vision. Having a vision will cause a person to work differently in order to make the vision happen.
- Increase Progress. Make it a habit to increase when it comes to progressing life. Increasing progression will lead to success.
- Take Risks. Don’t be afraid to take risk or step outside your comfort zone. This type of action can be rewarding in the end.
- Be Different. Don’t be a follower, create your own path to success.
I really appreciate everyone and I would like to give a standing ovation for helping me destroy the world and kill people. Thank you for making my job easier because I can definitely hurt and kill more people with a team.
Thank you for taking prayer out of schools. I can continue to manipulate the minds of the depressed, low self-esteemed, bullied children, and teenagers who have access to guns. There is nothing stopping me from having the children and teenagers enter a school with their guns, with the main objective in the mind to kill as many people as they can.
Thank you pastors and church leaders for not teaching god’s word from the pulpit. Continue to air your own opinions and take people’s money. Church has been reduced to nothing more than a comedy show with emotionalism. People are weak when they go to church and they are weak when they leave church. Church has no power. Leaders are doing a great job. The building fund your contributing to is funding my kingdom.
Thank you to all the people who are prideful, arrogant and angry who have hate in their mind and heart. I greatly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. I will see you in hell. I have to go now, I see an opportunity to use my influence to steal, kill and destroy, it is happening right now!
Please follow my action plan down below, so you can contribute toward my plan to destroy the people in the world.
- Continue to hate each other. The hatred in a heart is what causes people to kill. Hate more and hate often.
- Always Be Selfish and Think Of Yourself Only. Selfish people will get over on anyone just for their own pleasure and advancement in life. Never care about anyone else.
- Continue to make other things in this world and in your life, your God. Continue to worship money, yourself, your career, your car, women, men, sex, and everything else that gives you pleasure in life.
- Think of Ways To Hurt Other People. For example, prey on the weak and look for opportunities to get over on others. Watch people and strike at the right moment, especially when you see someone distracted by their cell phone.
This is the best life ever!
Some people just can’t seem to put down their cell phone and always have to be online. When waking up in the morning, grabbing your cell phone, to go on social media should not be the first task of the day. This type of habit can become addicting and can lead to poor time management.
The feeling of logging on, recording every moment, engaging in entertainment, having stimulating discussions, sharing your opinions, can be the ultimate high. Not to mention, the high of seeking attention when you receive a certain amount of “Likes”. To be honest social media can become apart of your identity and you can start to be a slave to it.
The definition of addiction is “the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming” (addiction. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged. Retrieved March 18, 2018 from Dictionary.com website http://www.dictionary.com/browse/addiction). “Addiction is also characterized by the inability to consistently abstain, impairment in behavioral control, craving, diminished recognition of significant problems with one’s behaviors and interpersonal relationships, and a dysfunctional emotional response” (American Society Of Addiction Medicine, 2011). Social media addiction is similar to drug addiction. Both addictions can be detrimental to the person engaging in that particular behavior. What would a person do without social media? Just the thought of not being able to have access to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snap Chat or YouTube can make some people feel uneasy. The thought of not having social media can make some people upset. If a person is spending all of their time throughout the day on social media, then they might already be addicted to social media.
I understand social media can be used as a platform to market or promote a business but do not neglect or forget about important tasks that require undivided attention off social media. The neglectfulness of important tasks can lead to a business having a poor reputation. Below are some pointers on how a person can balance their time when it comes to social media:
- Monitor Time Spent On Social Media – How much time do you spend on social media and on your cell phone? One way to break free from social media and your cell phone is to back away from it throughout the day. A person might be addicted to social media, if they can’t stay away from it. Log off for a couple hours and focus on your goals, family, and living life.
- Take A Break From Social Media – Once in a while, it is a great idea to take a break from social media altogether. For example, try staying off social media all week. Monday through Friday don’t be bothered with social media. Imagine all of the tasks and goals that could be accomplished in a day, if a person was not distracted by social media.
- Live In The Moment – Instead of being so quick to post the moment, live in the moment and enjoy the moment. For example, when I go out to restaurants, I look around and sometimes notice two people sitting together and they are both on their cell phones. They are together physically but mentally they are somewhere else. It is impossible to get to know someone better when you’re not focused on them and you’re not in the present moment.
- Balance Is The Key – There is nothing wrong with going on social media. Just make sure you are not spending all of your time there. Time is valuable! Make sure your time does not become enslaved by social media addiction but by management and productivity.