Random acts of kindness is being nice to someone just to put a smile on their face and to make their day better. Has the thought of other people crossed your mind? Being considerate and thinking about other people feelings and not just yourself is a good quality to have.
I think it is great when I go into this Wawa around the corner from me and everyone hold the door for the other person right behind them. There is also a homeless man sitting on the ground eating a breakfast sandwich and he has a cup of coffee because someone brought him one. This is what kindness is all about. Kindness is simply helping other people. This world, your community and neighborhood needs more people that care, not just with their words but by their actions.
- Are you like the people in the above picture who are walking pass a person who need help? If you are, then you need to check your heart. No excuses.
- Think of other people and find out how they’re really doing so you can truly help them. For example, pick up the phone and call someone and find out how life is treating them.
- Help somebody. You can help people in different ways. For example, your money, your time, a kind word, pay for the car behind you at a toll booth or drive thru. If you have it, leave an extra big tip at a restaurant.
- Have a giver mindset. You have takers and you have givers. Some people just love to be on the receiving end and never give anything in return. Karma is not always about bad things coming back to you. But when you do kind deeds, good things will come back to you even when you’re not expecting it.
Have you ever went to a place of business and the customer service was bad? How does it make you feel when your needs are not met, your food is not prepared right or the overall customer service experience was just terrible? Most people when they receive bad service, will not return to that place of business ever again. They will also tell other people about their bad experience. Poor customer service is when a business fails to take care of their customers and they take customers for granted.
I do understand within a business it is impossible to make all customers happy, however even though you may not have helped the customer, you still can point them in the right direction. Your intention can be good and the direction you lead the customer will lead them to the help they need.
If you’re a business owner, entrepreneur, sales associate, and the way that you make your money is depended upon other people spending their money, then customer service should be extremely important to you. Without customers spending their money a business will end up on life support and eventually the business will die.
If a business can’t live without customers, then taking care of your customers should be the number one priority. The service that you give to your customers, is it one star service or five star service? There is a big difference between a one star hotel versus a five star hotel. Which hotel would you rather spend the night? If you desire to take your customer service up a notch, then consider the following point:
- Take Care Of Your Customers. Ask them how they are doing today?
- Exceed the expectations of you customers. Exceeding your customers expectation is when your prepared ahead of time for the things they may need.
- Treat your customers like the most important person in the world. When you value someone you really treat them special. For example, if you see any person you love, respect or admire, then you will treat them differently.
- Appreciate your customers. Appreciate the customers spending money with you. The customers money should never be taken for granted. Customers can feel when they are appreciated.
In today’s society, we live in a time where every aspect of our lives and other people’s lives are visible. Whether it is watching people on social media taking vacations to the Bahamas or seeing people buy their first home on the TV show House Hunters; no matter what type of activity, they all have something in common.
“They are creating the life they want to live.”
If being stuck at a job and never being promoted is not the goal, then create goals to land a new job that presents growth opportunities. If being stuck in a bad relationship is draining and unfulfilled, then create new relationship goals that give life and encourage. This may even mean eliminating a current relationship or fixing the current relationship to where it needs to be. If being happy is the goal, then create this goal by identifying what happiness looks like and go for it. The end result and the bottom line to this thing called Life is, God created mankind for his pleasure (Revelations 4:11). The Creator himself created mankind and also created us in His image. Therefore, we must create the life we too want to live.
If it is happiness, then create it! If it is helping people, then create it! If it is financial stability, then create it! If it is being nicer to someone, then create it! If it is forgiveness, then create it!
We can seek counseling, wisdom, or advice from the most inspiring smartest people on how to be happy or how to live a life of purpose but it does not change the fact that You are the only one that can create it.
Have you ever wanted something so badly but couldn’t obtain it for whatever reason? For example, in the beginning of 2019, many people made a commitment to go to the gym because they had the desire to lose weight and get in shape. However, many people that started with their commitment did not finish. The New Year excitement diminished and the routine of everyday life took over. This is why anything that a person is trying to accomplish in life, must be done with consistent effort.
Consistency is expected in just about every field in life. For example, a business expects their employees to remain consistent when it comes to good work performance. Businesses also expect their employees to be consistent in taking good care of their customers. A great athlete and team has to consistently win on the playing field. Women and men expect to be loved and dated with consistency in their relationship. Consistency is something that we all want in life but we fail to put in consistent effort.
In order to have consistency, consider the following.
- Do something everyday. Never let a day go by when you don’t do anything that will lead you to your goal.
- How serious are you? If you truly desire something, then go after it.
- Results come with consistency. You will not see any results or reach any goals without it.
My thirteen year old daughter and I went to the laundromat to wash clothes the other day. After the clothes were finish washing, we placed the clothes in the dryer and decided to head to Barnes & Noble to look at books. When we arrived to the bookstore, my daughter said, she wanted to buy a daily planner to write down her goals and prepare for the new year. I reflected on her thought process and agreed thinking about the up and coming new year is a good mindset to have.
Right now is the time to stop what you’re doing and consider the year 2019. The year 2018 is almost over and it doesn’t seem too long ago when the year started. Thinking ahead, in order to be successful in 2019, the following steps must be considered:
- Stop Making Excuses – For a current situation to change, you must stop allowing barriers to get in the way of that change. Remain committed to making the change and press through any challenges that may exist.
- Think About What You Want? – Thinking about the new year and writing what you want to take place, will set a clear vision for the goals of 2019.
- Create an Action Plan – Action will always speak louder than your words. Try to have the mindset, Less Talk! More Action! This will stir up results and lead to accomplishing set goals.
Some people reach a certain level in life and become a little too relaxed and too satisfied. They feel they have accomplished all that there is to accomplish and there is no need to strive for anything more. Their hunger to accomplish more out of life no longer exist and they end up reaching a plateau by remaining comfortable. For example, a boxer who finally wins the heavyweight title, might not be as hungry as he was before winning because now he is a champion. The boxer becomes too relaxed as the new champion and he doesn’t realize he has to stay hungry to keep the title.
A plateau is defined as a state or level of little to no growth or decline. A plateau can happen in your career, relationship, and personal development. If you’re not careful, laziness can occur. Some people can get comfortable by remaining comfortable and end up staying in the same place in life. If you don’t want to hit a plateau and your tired of getting too comfortable, then consider the three points below.
1) Never Lose Your Hunger For Wanting More In Life. Always ask yourself, What vision do I have for my future? What else can be accomplished? Do I have the hunger for more?
2) Continue to Set Goals. After you reach a goal, set new goals by writing them down and making it happen. Having an action plan is essential in meeting each goal.
3) Be honest with yourself? Are you really comfortable, satisfied, and happy at this present moment in life? If you’re not, then it’s time to do something about it. Make sure accomplishing a goal every day is put into action. This will ensure progress and success is the result of each goal achieved.
In order to put the word win on your to do list requires a person to strategically perform a set of habits on a daily basis. A habit is a behavior pattern that is done automatically and if the habit is done often it will lead to certain results. Here is a list of four principles to consider doing each day to turn into a habit.
- Exercise. Exercising can be minimal and it gets the blood flowing to the brain to get mentally focused. Being active is the key. For example, some people exercise for as little as 10 or 15 minutes with push ups, sit ups and jumping jacks.
- Create A Game Plan For Your Day. Some people wake up in the morning with no agenda or a target to hit. It’s okay to have goals to meet at the job, but never neglect personal goals. Create a game plan for your goals everyday.
- Do Not Waste Your Time. Having a productive day has a lot to do with managing your time correctly. Wasting time will not lead to any satisfying results.
- Less Talk, More Action. Mentally get into the mindset of being a creator. Become the person who talk less and has more action.
If a person feels stuck doing the same task everyday in their life, then the best step to take is to change the routine behavior. In order for a person to change their routine behavior, their mindset must change. Different tasks and goals need to be thought of daily. For example, in the illustration above the bicyclist are going in a circle versus going a different route. This type of movement can become boring and frustrating when a person wants more out of life. Therefore, pursuing different tasks and goals will motivate a person to accomplish something new. There are several ways to eliminate routine behavior.
- Have a Vision. Having a vision will cause a person to work differently in order to make the vision happen.
- Increase Progress. Make it a habit to increase when it comes to progressing life. Increasing progression will lead to success.
- Take Risks. Don’t be afraid to take risk or step outside your comfort zone. This type of action can be rewarding in the end.
- Be Different. Don’t be a follower, create your own path to success.