My thirteen year old daughter and I went to the laundromat to wash clothes the other day. After the clothes were finish washing, we placed the clothes in the dryer and decided to head to Barnes & Noble to look at books. When we arrived to the bookstore, my daughter said, she wanted to buy a daily planner to write down her goals and prepare for the new year. I reflected on her thought process and agreed thinking about the up and coming new year is a good mindset to have.
Right now is the time to stop what you’re doing and consider the year 2019. The year 2018 is almost over and it doesn’t seem too long ago when the year started. Thinking ahead, in order to be successful in 2019, the following steps must be considered:
- Stop Making Excuses – For a current situation to change, you must stop allowing barriers to get in the way of that change. Remain committed to making the change and press through any challenges that may exist.
- Think About What You Want? – Thinking about the new year and writing what you want to take place, will set a clear vision for the goals of 2019.
- Create an Action Plan – Action will always speak louder than your words. Try to have the mindset, Less Talk! More Action! This will stir up results and lead to accomplishing set goals.
Some people reach a certain level in life and become a little too relaxed and too satisfied. They feel they have accomplished all that there is to accomplish and there is no need to strive for anything more. Their hunger to accomplish more out of life no longer exist and they end up reaching a plateau by remaining comfortable. For example, a boxer who finally wins the heavyweight title, might not be as hungry as he was before winning because now he is a champion. The boxer becomes too relaxed as the new champion and he doesn’t realize he has to stay hungry to keep the title.
A plateau is defined as a state or level of little to no growth or decline. A plateau can happen in your career, relationship, and personal development. If you’re not careful, laziness can occur. Some people can get comfortable by remaining comfortable and end up staying in the same place in life. If you don’t want to hit a plateau and your tired of getting too comfortable, then consider the three points below.
1) Never Lose Your Hunger For Wanting More In Life. Always ask yourself, What vision do I have for my future? What else can be accomplished? Do I have the hunger for more?
2) Continue to Set Goals. After you reach a goal, set new goals by writing them down and making it happen. Having an action plan is essential in meeting each goal.
3) Be honest with yourself? Are you really comfortable, satisfied, and happy at this present moment in life? If you’re not, then it’s time to do something about it. Make sure accomplishing a goal every day is put into action. This will ensure progress and success is the result of each goal achieved.
In order to put the word win on your to do list requires a person to strategically perform a set of habits on a daily basis. A habit is a behavior pattern that is done automatically and if the habit is done often it will lead to certain results. Here is a list of four principles to consider doing each day to turn into a habit.
- Exercise. Exercising can be minimal and it gets the blood flowing to the brain to get mentally focused. Being active is the key. For example, some people exercise for as little as 10 or 15 minutes with push ups, sit ups and jumping jacks.
- Create A Game Plan For Your Day. Some people wake up in the morning with no agenda or a target to hit. It’s okay to have goals to meet at the job, but never neglect personal goals. Create a game plan for your goals everyday.
- Do Not Waste Your Time. Having a productive day has a lot to do with managing your time correctly. Wasting time will not lead to any satisfying results.
- Less Talk, More Action. Mentally get into the mindset of being a creator. Become the person who talk less and has more action.
If a person feels stuck doing the same task everyday in their life, then the best step to take is to change the routine behavior. In order for a person to change their routine behavior, their mindset must change. Different tasks and goals need to be thought of daily. For example, in the illustration above the bicyclist are going in a circle versus going a different route. This type of movement can become boring and frustrating when a person wants more out of life. Therefore, pursuing different tasks and goals will motivate a person to accomplish something new. There are several ways to eliminate routine behavior.
- Have a Vision. Having a vision will cause a person to work differently in order to make the vision happen.
- Increase Progress. Make it a habit to increase when it comes to progressing life. Increasing progression will lead to success.
- Take Risks. Don’t be afraid to take risk or step outside your comfort zone. This type of action can be rewarding in the end.
- Be Different. Don’t be a follower, create your own path to success.