Have you ever went to a place of business and the customer service was bad? How does it make you feel when your needs are not met, your food is not prepared right or the overall customer service experience was just terrible? Most people when they receive bad service, will not return to that place of business ever again. They will also tell other people about their bad experience. Poor customer service is when a business fails to take care of their customers and they take customers for granted.
I do understand within a business it is impossible to make all customers happy, however even though you may not have helped the customer, you still can point them in the right direction. Your intention can be good and the direction you lead the customer will lead them to the help they need.
If you’re a business owner, entrepreneur, sales associate, and the way that you make your money is depended upon other people spending their money, then customer service should be extremely important to you. Without customers spending their money a business will end up on life support and eventually the business will die.
If a business can’t live without customers, then taking care of your customers should be the number one priority. The service that you give to your customers, is it one star service or five star service? There is a big difference between a one star hotel versus a five star hotel. Which hotel would you rather spend the night? If you desire to take your customer service up a notch, then consider the following point:
- Take Care Of Your Customers. Ask them how they are doing today?
- Exceed the expectations of you customers. Exceeding your customers expectation is when your prepared ahead of time for the things they may need.
- Treat your customers like the most important person in the world. When you value someone you really treat them special. For example, if you see any person you love, respect or admire, then you will treat them differently.
- Appreciate your customers. Appreciate the customers spending money with you. The customers money should never be taken for granted. Customers can feel when they are appreciated.
In today’s society, we live in a time where every aspect of our lives and other people’s lives are visible. Whether it is watching people on social media taking vacations to the Bahamas or seeing people buy their first home on the TV show House Hunters; no matter what type of activity, they all have something in common.
“They are creating the life they want to live.”
If being stuck at a job and never being promoted is not the goal, then create goals to land a new job that presents growth opportunities. If being stuck in a bad relationship is draining and unfulfilled, then create new relationship goals that give life and encourage. This may even mean eliminating a current relationship or fixing the current relationship to where it needs to be. If being happy is the goal, then create this goal by identifying what happiness looks like and go for it. The end result and the bottom line to this thing called Life is, God created mankind for his pleasure (Revelations 4:11). The Creator himself created mankind and also created us in His image. Therefore, we must create the life we too want to live.
If it is happiness, then create it! If it is helping people, then create it! If it is financial stability, then create it! If it is being nicer to someone, then create it! If it is forgiveness, then create it!
We can seek counseling, wisdom, or advice from the most inspiring smartest people on how to be happy or how to live a life of purpose but it does not change the fact that You are the only one that can create it.
Have you ever wanted something so badly but couldn’t obtain it for whatever reason? For example, in the beginning of 2019, many people made a commitment to go to the gym because they had the desire to lose weight and get in shape. However, many people that started with their commitment did not finish. The New Year excitement diminished and the routine of everyday life took over. This is why anything that a person is trying to accomplish in life, must be done with consistent effort.
Consistency is expected in just about every field in life. For example, a business expects their employees to remain consistent when it comes to good work performance. Businesses also expect their employees to be consistent in taking good care of their customers. A great athlete and team has to consistently win on the playing field. Women and men expect to be loved and dated with consistency in their relationship. Consistency is something that we all want in life but we fail to put in consistent effort.
In order to have consistency, consider the following.
- Do something everyday. Never let a day go by when you don’t do anything that will lead you to your goal.
- How serious are you? If you truly desire something, then go after it.
- Results come with consistency. You will not see any results or reach any goals without it.
My thirteen year old daughter and I went to the laundromat to wash clothes the other day. After the clothes were finish washing, we placed the clothes in the dryer and decided to head to Barnes & Noble to look at books. When we arrived to the bookstore, my daughter said, she wanted to buy a daily planner to write down her goals and prepare for the new year. I reflected on her thought process and agreed thinking about the up and coming new year is a good mindset to have.
Right now is the time to stop what you’re doing and consider the year 2019. The year 2018 is almost over and it doesn’t seem too long ago when the year started. Thinking ahead, in order to be successful in 2019, the following steps must be considered:
- Stop Making Excuses – For a current situation to change, you must stop allowing barriers to get in the way of that change. Remain committed to making the change and press through any challenges that may exist.
- Think About What You Want? – Thinking about the new year and writing what you want to take place, will set a clear vision for the goals of 2019.
- Create an Action Plan – Action will always speak louder than your words. Try to have the mindset, Less Talk! More Action! This will stir up results and lead to accomplishing set goals.
Some people reach a certain level in life and become a little too relaxed and too satisfied. They feel they have accomplished all that there is to accomplish and there is no need to strive for anything more. Their hunger to accomplish more out of life no longer exist and they end up reaching a plateau by remaining comfortable. For example, a boxer who finally wins the heavyweight title, might not be as hungry as he was before winning because now he is a champion. The boxer becomes too relaxed as the new champion and he doesn’t realize he has to stay hungry to keep the title.
A plateau is defined as a state or level of little to no growth or decline. A plateau can happen in your career, relationship, and personal development. If you’re not careful, laziness can occur. Some people can get comfortable by remaining comfortable and end up staying in the same place in life. If you don’t want to hit a plateau and your tired of getting too comfortable, then consider the three points below.
1) Never Lose Your Hunger For Wanting More In Life. Always ask yourself, What vision do I have for my future? What else can be accomplished? Do I have the hunger for more?
2) Continue to Set Goals. After you reach a goal, set new goals by writing them down and making it happen. Having an action plan is essential in meeting each goal.
3) Be honest with yourself? Are you really comfortable, satisfied, and happy at this present moment in life? If you’re not, then it’s time to do something about it. Make sure accomplishing a goal every day is put into action. This will ensure progress and success is the result of each goal achieved.
In order to put the word win on your to do list requires a person to strategically perform a set of habits on a daily basis. A habit is a behavior pattern that is done automatically and if the habit is done often it will lead to certain results. Here is a list of four principles to consider doing each day to turn into a habit.
- Exercise. Exercising can be minimal and it gets the blood flowing to the brain to get mentally focused. Being active is the key. For example, some people exercise for as little as 10 or 15 minutes with push ups, sit ups and jumping jacks.
- Create A Game Plan For Your Day. Some people wake up in the morning with no agenda or a target to hit. It’s okay to have goals to meet at the job, but never neglect personal goals. Create a game plan for your goals everyday.
- Do Not Waste Your Time. Having a productive day has a lot to do with managing your time correctly. Wasting time will not lead to any satisfying results.
- Less Talk, More Action. Mentally get into the mindset of being a creator. Become the person who talk less and has more action.
If a person feels stuck doing the same task everyday in their life, then the best step to take is to change the routine behavior. In order for a person to change their routine behavior, their mindset must change. Different tasks and goals need to be thought of daily. For example, in the illustration above the bicyclist are going in a circle versus going a different route. This type of movement can become boring and frustrating when a person wants more out of life. Therefore, pursuing different tasks and goals will motivate a person to accomplish something new. There are several ways to eliminate routine behavior.
- Have a Vision. Having a vision will cause a person to work differently in order to make the vision happen.
- Increase Progress. Make it a habit to increase when it comes to progressing life. Increasing progression will lead to success.
- Take Risks. Don’t be afraid to take risk or step outside your comfort zone. This type of action can be rewarding in the end.
- Be Different. Don’t be a follower, create your own path to success.
When I think of marriage, I think of a team who has a goal to win a championship. Every player on a team has to know their role and the position that they play. Roles are important but there are times when the game plan has to change in order to score points, win the game, and reach the desired goals. The role that each team member plays might also have to change because within a marriage and on a team, the goal is more important than the role.
Problems may arise in a relationship or in a marriage, when players are to caught up in the role that they play. For example, sometimes with sports the coach may design a play, a player might reject the play calling, because it’s not what they normally do and it’s not their role. Some players on a team might refuse to even play the game and sit out because they are upset with playing a different role.
Even within a marriage, a husband or wife might reject to do something differently because it’s not considered to be their role. For example, a married couple may decide the husband should stay home to care for the children in order to save money on child care. The husband may change his role at the provider temporary in order to reach financial goals on the team. The husband or wife might reject the idea because they feel that it is not the husband’s role to be a stay at home dad with small children, during the day. The player who rejects the different play that was put into place to score points is the same as a husband or wife refusing to stay at home with the small children to save money. The husband and wife team must realize that the goal is more important than the role.
In order to have a successful marriage, each team player must do what is best for the marriage, team, and household. Zig Ziglar said, “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.” The action steps in a marriage with goals include role reversal, which means passing the ball to each other, so the team can score points, win the game, and have a successful marriage. Here are some key principles to follow.
- Always Have A Teamwork Mentality – Having a teamwork mindset, will ensure the best decisions are made for the whole team. John C. Maxwell says in his book, The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork, “Good things happen to a team when a player takes the place where he adds the most value. Great things happen when all the players on the team take the role that maximizes their strengths—their talent, skill, and experience.”
- Pass The Ball – In order to win, team players must get involved and pass the ball. Stop trying to do everything on your own.
- Put Your Ego Aside – Having an ego can stop a team player from seeing another team player’s point of view or considering other options to reach a goal.
- Do What Is Best For The Household, Team, and Marriage – Get on the same page, so you can win and reach your marriage goals. This will help to benefit the entire team.
I really appreciate everyone and I would like to give a standing ovation for helping me destroy the world and kill people. Thank you for making my job easier because I can definitely hurt and kill more people with a team.
Thank you for taking prayer out of schools. I can continue to manipulate the minds of the depressed, low self-esteemed, bullied children, and teenagers who have access to guns. There is nothing stopping me from having the children and teenagers enter a school with their guns, with the main objective in the mind to kill as many people as they can.
Thank you pastors and church leaders for not teaching god’s word from the pulpit. Continue to air your own opinions and take people’s money. Church has been reduced to nothing more than a comedy show with emotionalism. People are weak when they go to church and they are weak when they leave church. Church has no power. Leaders are doing a great job. The building fund your contributing to is funding my kingdom.
Thank you to all the people who are prideful, arrogant and angry who have hate in their mind and heart. I greatly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. I will see you in hell. I have to go now, I see an opportunity to use my influence to steal, kill and destroy, it is happening right now!
Please follow my action plan down below, so you can contribute toward my plan to destroy the people in the world.
- Continue to hate each other. The hatred in a heart is what causes people to kill. Hate more and hate often.
- Always Be Selfish and Think Of Yourself Only. Selfish people will get over on anyone just for their own pleasure and advancement in life. Never care about anyone else.
- Continue to make other things in this world and in your life, your God. Continue to worship money, yourself, your career, your car, women, men, sex, and everything else that gives you pleasure in life.
- Think of Ways To Hurt Other People. For example, prey on the weak and look for opportunities to get over on others. Watch people and strike at the right moment, especially when you see someone distracted by their cell phone.
This is the best life ever!
Some people just can’t seem to put down their cell phone and always have to be online. When waking up in the morning, grabbing your cell phone, to go on social media should not be the first task of the day. This type of habit can become addicting and can lead to poor time management.
The feeling of logging on, recording every moment, engaging in entertainment, having stimulating discussions, sharing your opinions, can be the ultimate high. Not to mention, the high of seeking attention when you receive a certain amount of “Likes”. To be honest social media can become apart of your identity and you can start to be a slave to it.
The definition of addiction is “the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming” (addiction. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged. Retrieved March 18, 2018 from Dictionary.com website http://www.dictionary.com/browse/addiction). “Addiction is also characterized by the inability to consistently abstain, impairment in behavioral control, craving, diminished recognition of significant problems with one’s behaviors and interpersonal relationships, and a dysfunctional emotional response” (American Society Of Addiction Medicine, 2011). Social media addiction is similar to drug addiction. Both addictions can be detrimental to the person engaging in that particular behavior. What would a person do without social media? Just the thought of not being able to have access to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snap Chat or YouTube can make some people feel uneasy. The thought of not having social media can make some people upset. If a person is spending all of their time throughout the day on social media, then they might already be addicted to social media.
I understand social media can be used as a platform to market or promote a business but do not neglect or forget about important tasks that require undivided attention off social media. The neglectfulness of important tasks can lead to a business having a poor reputation. Below are some pointers on how a person can balance their time when it comes to social media:
- Monitor Time Spent On Social Media – How much time do you spend on social media and on your cell phone? One way to break free from social media and your cell phone is to back away from it throughout the day. A person might be addicted to social media, if they can’t stay away from it. Log off for a couple hours and focus on your goals, family, and living life.
- Take A Break From Social Media – Once in a while, it is a great idea to take a break from social media altogether. For example, try staying off social media all week. Monday through Friday don’t be bothered with social media. Imagine all of the tasks and goals that could be accomplished in a day, if a person was not distracted by social media.
- Live In The Moment – Instead of being so quick to post the moment, live in the moment and enjoy the moment. For example, when I go out to restaurants, I look around and sometimes notice two people sitting together and they are both on their cell phones. They are together physically but mentally they are somewhere else. It is impossible to get to know someone better when you’re not focused on them and you’re not in the present moment.
- Balance Is The Key – There is nothing wrong with going on social media. Just make sure you are not spending all of your time there. Time is valuable! Make sure your time does not become enslaved by social media addiction but by management and productivity.
Some people are starting off this year with several problems, set backs, challenges and health issues. Everyone is not winning. The reality is that we all have problems and concerns that need to be dealt with. Giving up, quitting or throwing in the towel should never be an option.
Suffering a set back in life does not give anyone an excuse to mentally stay there. Never relive the moment of a setback. Let the disappointment go and keep moving. Being stuck in the same place mentally, will cause challenges in getting ahead.
Below is a list of five steps, that will promote forward movement in life:
1) Go harder! Always remain consistent, in striving for your goals, no matter how many setbacks you encounter. This will help in your personal development.
2) Watch unforeseen obstacles! Obstacles always seem to come when least expected or when you’re trying to better yourself in life or execute your goals.
3) Stay Focused! Focusing on strategic goals will result in accomplishing goals early. Never let a bad situation take away the main focus of setting your goal.
4) Reevaluate the game plan! “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps”, says Zig Ziglar. This quote reinforces why new and improved actions need to be set when previous goals are not met.
5) Keep going! Figure out a way to accomplish and get what you want. This will help overcome any obstacle or challenges present.