When I think of marriage, I think of a team who has a goal to win a championship. Every player on a team has to know their role and the position that they play. Roles are important but there are times when the game plan has to change in order to score points, win the game, and reach the desired goals. The role that each team member plays might also have to change because within a marriage and on a team, the goal is more important than the role.
Problems may arise in a relationship or in a marriage, when players are to caught up in the role that they play. For example, sometimes with sports the coach may design a play, a player might reject the play calling, because it’s not what they normally do and it’s not their role. Some players on a team might refuse to even play the game and sit out because they are upset with playing a different role.
Even within a marriage, a husband or wife might reject to do something differently because it’s not considered to be their role. For example, a married couple may decide the husband should stay home to care for the children in order to save money on child care. The husband may change his role at the provider temporary in order to reach financial goals on the team. The husband or wife might reject the idea because they feel that it is not the husband’s role to be a stay at home dad with small children, during the day. The player who rejects the different play that was put into place to score points is the same as a husband or wife refusing to stay at home with the small children to save money. The husband and wife team must realize that the goal is more important than the role.
In order to have a successful marriage, each team player must do what is best for the marriage, team, and household. Zig Ziglar said, “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.” The action steps in a marriage with goals include role reversal, which means passing the ball to each other, so the team can score points, win the game, and have a successful marriage. Here are some key principles to follow.
- Always Have A Teamwork Mentality – Having a teamwork mindset, will ensure the best decisions are made for the whole team. John C. Maxwell says in his book, The 17 Indisputable Laws of Teamwork, “Good things happen to a team when a player takes the place where he adds the most value. Great things happen when all the players on the team take the role that maximizes their strengths—their talent, skill, and experience.”
- Pass The Ball – In order to win, team players must get involved and pass the ball. Stop trying to do everything on your own.
- Put Your Ego Aside – Having an ego can stop a team player from seeing another team player’s point of view or considering other options to reach a goal.
- Do What Is Best For The Household, Team, and Marriage – Get on the same page, so you can win and reach your marriage goals. This will help to benefit the entire team.
I really appreciate everyone and I would like to give a standing ovation for helping me destroy the world and kill people. Thank you for making my job easier because I can definitely hurt and kill more people with a team.
Thank you for taking prayer out of schools. I can continue to manipulate the minds of the depressed, low self-esteemed, bullied children, and teenagers who have access to guns. There is nothing stopping me from having the children and teenagers enter a school with their guns, with the main objective in the mind to kill as many people as they can.
Thank you pastors and church leaders for not teaching god’s word from the pulpit. Continue to air your own opinions and take people’s money. Church has been reduced to nothing more than a comedy show with emotionalism. People are weak when they go to church and they are weak when they leave church. Church has no power. Leaders are doing a great job. The building fund your contributing to is funding my kingdom.
Thank you to all the people who are prideful, arrogant and angry who have hate in their mind and heart. I greatly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. I will see you in hell. I have to go now, I see an opportunity to use my influence to steal, kill and destroy, it is happening right now!
Please follow my action plan down below, so you can contribute toward my plan to destroy the people in the world.
- Continue to hate each other. The hatred in a heart is what causes people to kill. Hate more and hate often.
- Always Be Selfish and Think Of Yourself Only. Selfish people will get over on anyone just for their own pleasure and advancement in life. Never care about anyone else.
- Continue to make other things in this world and in your life, your God. Continue to worship money, yourself, your career, your car, women, men, sex, and everything else that gives you pleasure in life.
- Think of Ways To Hurt Other People. For example, prey on the weak and look for opportunities to get over on others. Watch people and strike at the right moment, especially when you see someone distracted by their cell phone.
This is the best life ever!
Some people just can’t seem to put down their cell phone and always have to be online. When waking up in the morning, grabbing your cell phone, to go on social media should not be the first task of the day. This type of habit can become addicting and can lead to poor time management.
The feeling of logging on, recording every moment, engaging in entertainment, having stimulating discussions, sharing your opinions, can be the ultimate high. Not to mention, the high of seeking attention when you receive a certain amount of “Likes”. To be honest social media can become apart of your identity and you can start to be a slave to it.
The definition of addiction is “the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming” (addiction. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged. Retrieved March 18, 2018 from Dictionary.com website http://www.dictionary.com/browse/addiction). “Addiction is also characterized by the inability to consistently abstain, impairment in behavioral control, craving, diminished recognition of significant problems with one’s behaviors and interpersonal relationships, and a dysfunctional emotional response” (American Society Of Addiction Medicine, 2011). Social media addiction is similar to drug addiction. Both addictions can be detrimental to the person engaging in that particular behavior. What would a person do without social media? Just the thought of not being able to have access to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snap Chat or YouTube can make some people feel uneasy. The thought of not having social media can make some people upset. If a person is spending all of their time throughout the day on social media, then they might already be addicted to social media.
I understand social media can be used as a platform to market or promote a business but do not neglect or forget about important tasks that require undivided attention off social media. The neglectfulness of important tasks can lead to a business having a poor reputation. Below are some pointers on how a person can balance their time when it comes to social media:
- Monitor Time Spent On Social Media – How much time do you spend on social media and on your cell phone? One way to break free from social media and your cell phone is to back away from it throughout the day. A person might be addicted to social media, if they can’t stay away from it. Log off for a couple hours and focus on your goals, family, and living life.
- Take A Break From Social Media – Once in a while, it is a great idea to take a break from social media altogether. For example, try staying off social media all week. Monday through Friday don’t be bothered with social media. Imagine all of the tasks and goals that could be accomplished in a day, if a person was not distracted by social media.
- Live In The Moment – Instead of being so quick to post the moment, live in the moment and enjoy the moment. For example, when I go out to restaurants, I look around and sometimes notice two people sitting together and they are both on their cell phones. They are together physically but mentally they are somewhere else. It is impossible to get to know someone better when you’re not focused on them and you’re not in the present moment.
- Balance Is The Key – There is nothing wrong with going on social media. Just make sure you are not spending all of your time there. Time is valuable! Make sure your time does not become enslaved by social media addiction but by management and productivity.
Some people are starting off this year with several problems, set backs, challenges and health issues. Everyone is not winning. The reality is that we all have problems and concerns that need to be dealt with. Giving up, quitting or throwing in the towel should never be an option.
Suffering a set back in life does not give anyone an excuse to mentally stay there. Never relive the moment of a setback. Let the disappointment go and keep moving. Being stuck in the same place mentally, will cause challenges in getting ahead.
Below is a list of five steps, that will promote forward movement in life:
1) Go harder! Always remain consistent, in striving for your goals, no matter how many setbacks you encounter. This will help in your personal development.
2) Watch unforeseen obstacles! Obstacles always seem to come when least expected or when you’re trying to better yourself in life or execute your goals.
3) Stay Focused! Focusing on strategic goals will result in accomplishing goals early. Never let a bad situation take away the main focus of setting your goal.
4) Reevaluate the game plan! “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps”, says Zig Ziglar. This quote reinforces why new and improved actions need to be set when previous goals are not met.
5) Keep going! Figure out a way to accomplish and get what you want. This will help overcome any obstacle or challenges present.
You will be surprised how many people look all around them when they need help. Some people will search everywhere to get the help they need. Don’t get me wrong, it is nothing the matter with reaching out for help in order to find your way. If you need help in any area of your life you should go get it. Mentors and counseling is very important. However, looking within yourself is just as important too. The solutions to your problems are inside of you.
What can you do and what do you have on the inside of you that can help you with your problems? Your gifts, ideas, and the natural talent that you were born with can be your solution. I remember, I was watching a movie and this guy was trying to find the cure to this zombie problem. It turned out he was the cure. The antidote inside of him changed the circumstances around him. This cure eliminated the zombies from multiplying. Likewise, you have to realize you have the antidote inside of you to change your situation.
The other day I took my wife out on a date and we went to a restaurant. The restaurant was nice. The food, service, the conversation we had and the overall restaurant experience was great. Love was in the air and we had a very good time. We actually had fun talking and laughing. As I looked around the restaurant I noticed people at the other tables. Some people were talking and some people were not focused on each other at all. I seen people sitting at the table with someone but most of their attention was on their cell phone.
I think it is bad etiquette and it is not a good look when your out with someone and your on your cell phone. It is hard to get to know someone better and connect with them when your cell phone is in control of you. Some people just can’t seem to turn their cell phone off or even put it away when their with someone. If you really want to get to know someone better you should talk to them and give them your undivided attention. Here are five reasons why you should put away your cell phone when your on a date.
- Attention. The person you are with should be the only thing that is getting and keeping your attention. That person should also feel that they have your undivided attention only.
- Conservation. You might miss out on a great conversation and an opportunity to get to know someone better.
- Body Language. Another form of communication is body language. The body language and vibe can tell you a lot about someone. You can pick up on certain things that are not spoken at all through body language. For example, facial expressions, as well as the energy in the room.
- Distractions. If you want to have a strong relationship get rid of the things that can distract you and hinder your relationship. A cell phone can be a distraction.
- Too much time on your cell phone when your with your spouse can actually hurt your relationship. The message your sending to your spouse when your on your cell while your out on a date, is that your cell phone is more important than them. This is not a message you want to send.