There is an old saying, “time is of the essence.” This saying refers to acting at the right time. Procrastination is not an option. People that have gifts, skills, ideas, and solutions should act on them now because their contribution to the world is needed.
Pay attention to how fast the world is moving today. If people continue to wait to make their mark in the world, time will just pass by. Making goals and ideas a reality is how successful people get ahead and achieve their dreams. The number one task on their list is creating and building at the right time.
There are three main steps that must be considered when it comes to time:
1. Stop wasting time! Time is an element that cannot be stopped or brought back. Make sure time is spent wisely on being productive.
2. Create a sense of urgency! Goals must be given immediate attention in order to be executed.
3. Eliminate procrastination! Putting and end to roadblocks like procrastination can lead to a more fulfilling life.
What are you doing with your time? Think about it!
Some people just can’t seem to put down their cell phone and always have to be online. When waking up in the morning, grabbing your cell phone, to go on social media should not be the first task of the day. This type of habit can become addicting and can lead to poor time management.
The feeling of logging on, recording every moment, engaging in entertainment, having stimulating discussions, sharing your opinions, can be the ultimate high. Not to mention, the high of seeking attention when you receive a certain amount of “Likes”. To be honest social media can become apart of your identity and you can start to be a slave to it.
The definition of addiction is “the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming” (addiction. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged. Retrieved March 18, 2018 from Dictionary.com website http://www.dictionary.com/browse/addiction). “Addiction is also characterized by the inability to consistently abstain, impairment in behavioral control, craving, diminished recognition of significant problems with one’s behaviors and interpersonal relationships, and a dysfunctional emotional response” (American Society Of Addiction Medicine, 2011). Social media addiction is similar to drug addiction. Both addictions can be detrimental to the person engaging in that particular behavior. What would a person do without social media? Just the thought of not being able to have access to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snap Chat or YouTube can make some people feel uneasy. The thought of not having social media can make some people upset. If a person is spending all of their time throughout the day on social media, then they might already be addicted to social media.
I understand social media can be used as a platform to market or promote a business but do not neglect or forget about important tasks that require undivided attention off social media. The neglectfulness of important tasks can lead to a business having a poor reputation. Below are some pointers on how a person can balance their time when it comes to social media:
- Monitor Time Spent On Social Media – How much time do you spend on social media and on your cell phone? One way to break free from social media and your cell phone is to back away from it throughout the day. A person might be addicted to social media, if they can’t stay away from it. Log off for a couple hours and focus on your goals, family, and living life.
- Take A Break From Social Media – Once in a while, it is a great idea to take a break from social media altogether. For example, try staying off social media all week. Monday through Friday don’t be bothered with social media. Imagine all of the tasks and goals that could be accomplished in a day, if a person was not distracted by social media.
- Live In The Moment – Instead of being so quick to post the moment, live in the moment and enjoy the moment. For example, when I go out to restaurants, I look around and sometimes notice two people sitting together and they are both on their cell phones. They are together physically but mentally they are somewhere else. It is impossible to get to know someone better when you’re not focused on them and you’re not in the present moment.
- Balance Is The Key – There is nothing wrong with going on social media. Just make sure you are not spending all of your time there. Time is valuable! Make sure your time does not become enslaved by social media addiction but by management and productivity.
What happens when the honeymoon stage and the newness of the new relationship is over? How about when the excitement has worn off and the passion is gone? Frustration, loneliness, and boredom can set in. Your relationship or marriage might not be dead, but it’s on life support. Some couples may not even touch each anymore and are no longer attracted mentally or physically to each other. If you are experiencing these emotions or headed down this road, then I am here to help you.
Within a relationship or marriage, put a strategic plan in place to keep your love alive. For example, if I buy a plant, I have to make sure I feed the plant by giving the plant water and sunlight. The plant will grow when the plant has what it needs. Likewise, your relationship or marriage will blossom and grow when both individuals are getting their needs met.
Relationships and marriages in this day and age can be a challenge to maintain. For example, two people may be working full-time to provide for their family and most of their time is spent at work. They barely see each other and when they do, they are tired. Their job has taken all of their time and energy. Too tired to talk, date or find out how the other person is doing. Relationships and marriages cannot grow under these type of circumstances.
Below are four action steps that can be taken to put the spark back in your relationship or marriage:
1) Have Fun Together. Make sure your relationship or marriage is always full of fun and excitement. Be the life of the party, within your very own relationship or marriage. For example, create moments that will make the both of you laugh and always keep your sense of humor in the relationship.
2) Check your energy level. For example, I see people in the morning getting their coffee and energy drinks, to make sure they are alive and active on their job. People make it a priority to have a full tank of energy at work but what about your energy when your with your love one. Make sure to keep a high level of energy in your relationship or marriage, so date night can happen or amazing sex.
3) Put your relationship first. For example. on a “To Do List” important tasks are listed by month, day and year. Therefore, important ways to enhance, build, and support your significant other should be listed by month, day, and year. Your relationship or marriage should be at the top of your list. The needs of your relationship or marriage should always come first.
4) Communicate frequently with understanding. Always communicate with the intent to understand one another. Communication brings the necessary closeness that is needed to continue to bond with each other. This bond and intimacy continues to grow,
when effective communication is executed.
Some people are starting off this year with several problems, set backs, challenges and health issues. Everyone is not winning. The reality is that we all have problems and concerns that need to be dealt with. Giving up, quitting or throwing in the towel should never be an option.
Suffering a set back in life does not give anyone an excuse to mentally stay there. Never relive the moment of a setback. Let the disappointment go and keep moving. Being stuck in the same place mentally, will cause challenges in getting ahead.
Below is a list of five steps, that will promote forward movement in life:
1) Go harder! Always remain consistent, in striving for your goals, no matter how many setbacks you encounter. This will help in your personal development.
2) Watch unforeseen obstacles! Obstacles always seem to come when least expected or when you’re trying to better yourself in life or execute your goals.
3) Stay Focused! Focusing on strategic goals will result in accomplishing goals early. Never let a bad situation take away the main focus of setting your goal.
4) Reevaluate the game plan! “When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps”, says Zig Ziglar. This quote reinforces why new and improved actions need to be set when previous goals are not met.
5) Keep going! Figure out a way to accomplish and get what you want. This will help overcome any obstacle or challenges present.
You will be surprised how many people look all around them when they need help. Some people will search everywhere to get the help they need. Don’t get me wrong, it is nothing the matter with reaching out for help in order to find your way. If you need help in any area of your life you should go get it. Mentors and counseling is very important. However, looking within yourself is just as important too. The solutions to your problems are inside of you.
What can you do and what do you have on the inside of you that can help you with your problems? Your gifts, ideas, and the natural talent that you were born with can be your solution. I remember, I was watching a movie and this guy was trying to find the cure to this zombie problem. It turned out he was the cure. The antidote inside of him changed the circumstances around him. This cure eliminated the zombies from multiplying. Likewise, you have to realize you have the antidote inside of you to change your situation.
The other day I took my wife out on a date and we went to a restaurant. The restaurant was nice. The food, service, the conversation we had and the overall restaurant experience was great. Love was in the air and we had a very good time. We actually had fun talking and laughing. As I looked around the restaurant I noticed people at the other tables. Some people were talking and some people were not focused on each other at all. I seen people sitting at the table with someone but most of their attention was on their cell phone.
I think it is bad etiquette and it is not a good look when your out with someone and your on your cell phone. It is hard to get to know someone better and connect with them when your cell phone is in control of you. Some people just can’t seem to turn their cell phone off or even put it away when their with someone. If you really want to get to know someone better you should talk to them and give them your undivided attention. Here are five reasons why you should put away your cell phone when your on a date.
- Attention. The person you are with should be the only thing that is getting and keeping your attention. That person should also feel that they have your undivided attention only.
- Conservation. You might miss out on a great conversation and an opportunity to get to know someone better.
- Body Language. Another form of communication is body language. The body language and vibe can tell you a lot about someone. You can pick up on certain things that are not spoken at all through body language. For example, facial expressions, as well as the energy in the room.
- Distractions. If you want to have a strong relationship get rid of the things that can distract you and hinder your relationship. A cell phone can be a distraction.
- Too much time on your cell phone when your with your spouse can actually hurt your relationship. The message your sending to your spouse when your on your cell while your out on a date, is that your cell phone is more important than them. This is not a message you want to send.