A brand new year is a week away and it’s important to stay focused in order to accomplish set goals. The mind is very powerful and when focused it can help a person hit any set target. Below are five action steps that must be taken to stay focused.
1) Eliminate distractions. Get rid of anything that distracts you from reaching your goals. For example, distractions can include social media, television, or a relationship (Relationships can be good or bad). In order to stay focused, spend less time on certain activities or even cut some people off that hinder you from reaching your goal.
2) Go after what you want. Thinking about what you want, where you want to be, and how you see yourself next year is very important. This thought process stimulates the mind to think of ways to go after that vision. Then, writing down how you will get there helps create a plan to execute the vision.
3) Get in the game. There is no such thing as winning from the sideline. Mentally, a person must get in the game of life and play to win. Stop procrastinating, energize your body, mind, and go out there and play.
4) Make changes in 2018. Be honest with yourself. Sometimes, changes and adjustments need to be made, in order to enhance performance.
5) Compete with Yourself. In every area of life become a better version of yourself. Challenge yourself to take it up a notch. Make a decision to do more, learn more, and grow more, in all areas of your life. If you’re in a relationship, be a better husband, wife, partner, parent, and friend.
I hope you have a great 2018!